Porcelain Veneers — Friendswood, TX
Create Healthy, Beautiful Smiles
You can give your smile a makeover with custom-made porcelain veneers in Friendswood. Completed in two visits to Dr. James Sierra at Friendswood Dental Group, porcelain veneers from our Friendswood, TX cosmetic dentist are bonded onto the front side of the teeth that show when you smile to restore or enhance their size, shape, shade, and overall appearance.
What Are Porcelain Veneers Used For?
Veneers can correct a number of cosmetic issues in the front teeth (sometimes called the “smile teeth”). Because veneers are reserved for making cosmetic improvements to the smile, they should only be applied to healthy teeth.
Common uses for veneers include covering up…
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn-down teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth, usually after professional teeth whitening has been ineffective
- The presence of large, visible fillings
- Uneven, misshapen, or slightly misaligned teeth
- Slight gaps between teeth
Weak or decayed teeth may benefit more from a dental crown. Severely crowded or otherwise misaligned teeth should be treated with traditional orthodontics. Your dentist will help you understand which solution is best for your smile.
Procedure for Dental Veneers
Once it has been determined that you are eligible for porcelain veneers, plan to have them completed over two visits to Friendswood Dental Group. Local anesthesia is available for your comfort every step of the way.
In the first appointment, you and Dr. Sierra will discuss your teeth -- including how they got into their current state, and what you would like to achieve with veneers. The treatment is highly customizable according to the size, shape, and color that will look best on you.
Your teeth will also be prepared to receive the veneers in this initial visit. Preparation involves removing a small portion of tooth enamel from the front of each tooth to make room for the veneers, which will be bonded on top. You wear temporary veneers in the time between appointments.
By the time you come back in for your second visit, your veneers have been manufactured according to your specific measurements. We will remove your temporary veneers and check to make sure the permanent ones fit, feel, and look just like they should before securing them to your teeth.
Caring for Your Porcelain Veneers
Veneer maintenance is not so different from what you are used to. Your veneers cannot develop decay, but the teeth beneath and surrounding them can. And your gums are just as vulnerable to infection as before.
Continue to brush your teeth for two minutes, at least twice a day (after each meal is best). Floss daily, and visit your dentist for regularly scheduled visits to preserve your healthy, beautiful smile.
If you grind your teeth at night or play a contact sport, consider investing in a custom-fitted mouthguard or sports guard to protect your new veneers.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
Contrary to common belief, people from all walks of life can afford to improve their teeth. There are several solutions to transform your smile, like veneers. They can be the most cost-effective method because they can fix many issues quickly. Several factors affect the cost of veneers in Friendswood, but Dr. Sierra strives to keep a confident, attractive smile affordable.
Cost VS Cosmetic Dentistry: What's Right For Me?
No two mouths or situations are identical. You may be a candidate for multiple procedures. Your cosmetic dentist in Friendswood will examine your mouth and learn more about your preferences to determine which options may be right for you, like:
- Braces: Metal braces or clear aligners can fix many bite and alignment issues, and can be covered under some dental insurance plans. However, the average treatment ranges from 12 to 24 months, which can be a long commitment for minor adjustments.
- Teeth Whitening: Age-related and surface stains can be treated using a highly concentrated whitening agent. Your teeth can get up to 8 shades whiter in a single afternoon, and your results can last for several months or years, depending on your aftercare routine.
- Direct Bonding: A composite resin is shaded to match the enamel to blend in with the tooth when treating minor aesthetic imperfections, like decay, chips, or stains. It provides a quick fix and lasting results.
- Veneers: A veneer is attached to the front surface of a tooth to improve its color, size, and shape. If applied to the teeth visible when smiling, they can cover several imperfections at once using a minimally invasive technique. After just 2 appointments, you can say goodbye to stains, chips, and gaps to avoid having to pay for multiple procedures. Your new smile can last for 10 years or more with the right aftercare routine.
Dr. Sierra will help you choose the best method to enhance your smile. We will provide you with a personalized estimate and explain the fees, so you’ll know exactly what you will have to pay before committing to anything.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Everyone deserves to have a stunning smile, no matter their financial situation. Our office offers many payment methods to keep veneers in Friendswood affordable, including:
- Traditional Payments: We accept all traditional payment forms, including cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Dental Insurance: Most dental plans don't cover elective procedures, like veneers, but there are some exceptions. You may be able to use your benefits to lower the cost of certain steps in your treatment, like any preparatory procedures. A member of our team will work on your behalf with your dental insurance to maximize any appropriate coverage.
- Monthly Payments: Pay any out-of-pocket expenses using a monthly payment plan with little or no interest in financing based on your credit approval.
If you are ready to revamp your smile, or you have questions about your payment options, contact our office today to speak with a member of our team.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Are you interested in making over your smile with porcelain veneers? Your dentist at Friendswood Dental Group wants to help. Schedule an appointment to discuss your eligibility for the popular cosmetic treatment today!