Interested In Teeth Whitening In Friendswood? Learn About Your Options Here
February 7, 2019
Given the prevalence of white smiles you see everywhere you look these days, it might seem like everyone is born that way. But the truth is that most people have to whiten their teeth to achieve a bright smile. One of the most common questions people have is what type of teeth whitening in Friendswood is available, and whether it’s worth it to have it done professionally. In this blog, you’ll find out why professional treatments provide the best results and what kind of options you have. Keep reading to learn more and get one step closer to having a beautiful white smile!
Why Are Professional Treatments Worth It?
Whitening products are heavily marketed, so you may be tempted to go with an over-the-counter option. However, since the FDA limits the strength of these products, they can’t provide the same results you would get from a professional treatment.
Also, having a dentist evaluate your teeth beforehand is helpful because they can recommend the best choice for your specific needs. For example, while most people get great results from either take-home or in-office whitening, others have severe staining that responds better to other treatments.
Regardless of what’s right for you, the goal is to make sure you’ve invested in something that works well the first time. Professional treatments are the best way to remove stains in Friendswood and get safe, reliable results!
What Kinds of Professional Teeth Whitening Are Available?
There are 2 main choices: take-home whitening and Zoom! in-office whitening.
Both options will effectively whiten your teeth, but a Zoom! treatment has the strongest concentration of whitening agents and is done in just one visit.
Here’s what you can expect from each procedure:
- This option requires 2 visits. First, molds of your teeth are taken to make custom-fit, clear plastic trays.
- When you return to pick up them up (about 1-2 weeks later), you’ll get a supply of whitening gel and tips for the best way to use your trays at home.
- Then you’ll wear the trays at home for 30 minutes a day until you get your final results, which usually takes 10-14 days.
Zoom! In-Office Whitening:
- After you’re seated and comfortable, your lips, gums, and cheeks will be covered and protected to avoid irritation.
- A whitening gel will be carefully applied to your teeth before they’re exposed to a special light that accelerates the process.
- Throughout the procedure you’ll be monitored for sensitivity until the final result is achieved.
- Last, you’ll be given instructions for how to maintain your new smile at home.
Whitening is a great way to take years off your appearance and help you feel great about your smile. Regardless of which option you choose, you’ll soon have a beautiful white smile that you’ll love to show off!
About the Author
Dr. James T. Sierra has 15 years of experience as a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist. In that time, he’s found that whitening is one of his most popular cosmetic procedures because it’s fast, easy and effective. And, since everyone is different, he offers multiple options to help his patients get the best results for their needs. If you’re interested in whitening and want to know more, you can contact him via his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.